Preparations: Allow 24 hours for pork belly to thaw.
1) Remove the skin from pork belly. With sharp knife, carefully cut away at skin layer. Try to keep as much of that good fat as possible! We then took the skin and sliced it up for our dog to chew on, she loved it. I'm sure there are many other things to use the skin for!
2) Cut 1/4" scores into the side of belly where you just removed the skin. Crossing both directions to make a diamond pattern.
3) Begin heating skillet with a few TBSP oil over medium/high heat in a cast iron pan (or other oven safe pan).
4) Use a few TBSP of seasoning and rub all into both sides of belly. Our pork belly was about 3 lbs, so we used 3-4 TBSP of our pork seasoning blend!
5) Place pork belly into sizzling oil, sear on both sides for a couple of minutes until crispy with a golden sear!
6) After both sides are seared well, turn heat on low. Then add enough white wine (and/or broth) to cover about 1/4 - 1/2 of pork, allowing top of pork belly to still be exposed. We used about 1/2 white wine and 1/2 broth.
7) Turn heat up to high again, allowing liquids to simmer for about 5 minutes.
8) Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
9) Transfer pan with pork belly to oven and roast for 2.5 - 3 hours or until inner temperature reaches 170 degrees.
10) Turn oven to broil and broil on high for 2-3 minutes!
Cut into 1/2" slices and serve with vegetables, potatoes, or whatever you'd like!